Bathe yourself in love for 2018. Rooted in ayurveda and the power of crystals, our guide to creating a sacred bath full of self-love will leave you feeling nourished and refreshed for the year ahead.
What You'll Need
- Palo santo or sage smudge sticks to clear any negative energy
- Rose quartz crystals to cultivate self-love and tranquility
- 6 drops of Ayurvedic Vata Oil to nourish and calm the body and mind
- Epsom salts to relax the body
- Rose or peony petals for love, prosperity and good fortune
- Rosemary and lavender for a calming scent and to encourage restful sleep
- Journal for reflection and intention setting
To begin your ritual, clear any negative energy and set the scene by smudging, lighting candles and placing your crystals nearby. Bonus step: put on music or brew tea for added relaxation. Next, add ayurvedic oil and epsom salts to the hot bath water as it fills the tub. Crush flower petals, lavender, and rosemary in your hands to release the aromatics as you sprinkle them in. Lastly, breathe in the beautiful scent of your bath and step into your watery sanctuary.
A bath can be a meditative ritual of healing and self-care. Use this recipe as a guide, but get creative and choose items that are specific to your needs. Make the most of your moment by journalling intentions for the year ahead, or meditate either with mantra or pranayama.
By turning your own bathtub into a sacred oasis, you'll not only calm your body and mind but you'll also give yourself space to set intentions for a wonderful year to come.