At b, halfmoon, we love to cook. We also love a lean, mean and green salad.
We originally found this recipe on Pinterest. It is one of the most perfect summer salads out there. While it’s not ours, it was created by Marie from Proud Italian Cook, it is delicious. We hope you like it as much as we do.
Zucchini Ribbon Salad
- Toasted Nuts (we like it with slivered almonds)
- Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Dijon Mustard
- A Crushed Garlic Clove
- Black Pepper
1. Add 3 parts olive oil and 1 part red wine vinegar. Add dijon, crushed garlic, salt, pepper and oregano to taste. You could also buy a nice lemony salad dressing instead.
- To create the zucchini ribbons, cut off the ends of your zucchini. Then use a vegetable peeler to cut thin lengthwise strips of zucchini. When you get to the seeds, rotate the zucchini and keep peeling. You should end up with lots of thin strips and a rectangle shaped zucchini core.
- Coat either a stove top grill or saute pan with a small amount of olive oil. Cook the zucchini strips for a couple of minutes and then let them cool completely.
- Toss the arugula in the dressing (see above). Then lay the zucchini strips on top, toss in the feta and sprinkle the toasted nuts on top.
- Drizzle a little more of the dressing on top.